Huzzah! A UK high street BB Cream that actually sounds like an actual BB Cream! This is one of my recent purchases that I have been reaching for a lot lately. Keep an eye out for my summary video which I will be making once I’ve finished reviewing all the UK high street BB creams I’ve been buying lately. It costs £7.99 for 30mls and claims to do the following:
1. Creates a natural glow – I’d agree with this. Whilst it isn’t as moisturising or dewy as some of the BB Creams I’ve tried this does have a glowing finish. If you have super dry skin you will probably need a moisturiser under it (I personally don’t). If you have oily skin you will want to powder it (I do).
2. Compliments skin tone – Erm...? I have the shade Light (it also comes in Medium, Dark and Universal Glow whatever that is). It’s a touch too dark/ orange for me at the moment but it isn’t drastically noticeable. I usually use this in conjunction with a lighter powder so it works for me. Those paler than me will need to beware though. The light coverage means the shade is very forgiving.
3. SPF 30 UV protection – Can’t argue with that really although I can’t find anything to say whether or not if offers UVA as well as UVB protection.
4. Hydrates all day – Again I do find it is somewhat hydrating but dry skins may want a little more.
5. Blurs Imperfections – It is certainly a light coverage but it does an excellent job of evening everything out. I still like to use concealer but my skin looks a lot better with this on than it does without it.
6. Oil Free, non-greasey – Agreed! It does set to a dewy but non tacky finish. Again I do feel the need to powder but it feels light weight and comfortable on the skin.
7. Looks Visibly Smooth – Erm not really? I have crater like pores and this doesn’t do too much to hide them. But then it doesn’t draw attention to them either which is always a plus.
8. Feels Fresh – As I said it feels very light weight on the skin. I find it very comfortable to wear.
So it ticks all my boxes as a BB cream! I like the squeezey tube and the price too. You can apply it equally well with fingers or a brush although I tend to use brushes just out of habit. As I’ve said I do feel the need to powder thanks to my oily bits and I’ve found that this works wonderfully under my Bare Minerals Matte foundation on days when I want a little extra coverage (the Bare Minerals is lighter so it helps lift the shade a little too).
This isn’t a long lasting product and it doesn’t claim to be but I’ve always said that what I’m looking for in BB Creams is a product that I can just chuck on and go safe in the knowledge that it will fade gracefully rather than going patchy like some of my heavier foundations do. This fades very well and doesn’t seem to cake up despite my constant blotting and powdering.
I’m really enjoying using this and if you can find a good colour match then all the better.
*Bought by me*